Top Priorities have been selected!
Our Strategic Planning partner, Innivee Strategies, Inc., has worked closely with the Ad Hoc Committee to review community feedback and data from over 85 survey responses and 6 stakeholder focus groups, and identified the five Strategic Priorities for our organization over the next 3 years. This work is the culmination of many valuable meetings and discussions over the course of one year which have led to the following priorities being chosen:
- Strengthen the impact of the organization, its programs, and its staff by establishing new revenue streams and implementing organizational changes that increase the ability to attract and secure resources.
- Articulate the organization’s purpose, programs, and language philosophy, and actively communicate them to community and legislative stakeholders across multiple platforms.
- Foster community accountability among hearing individuals, businesses and organizations, state agencies and Deaf community members through ongoing awareness-raising, training, and education.
- Engage professionals, families, stakeholders, and role models to promote the full linguistic, social-emotional, and intellectual development of the whole Deaf individual, from birth to adulthood.
- Expand the organization’s impact and reach through Deaf-led community mobilization, relationship building with state legislators, and partnerships with other organizations that serve marginalized communities.
Staff and leaders of CSD of South Dakota created an implementation plan that will advance these key priorities. We are ready to hit the ground running with one of our goals: a statewide tour with Town Hall meetings in Sioux Falls (Wednesday, September 7 at 6pm; Siouxland Library: 200 N Dakota Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104) and Rapid City (Sunday, September 11th at 6pm at the CSD office: 2310 N Maple Ave, Rapid City, SD 57701). We invite you to join us and learn how you can become involved in our efforts!
See the announcement and Event listings on Facebook for more information.